Sunday, April 15, 2012

Night in Morgantown


So walking home tonight I saw these two dudes standing outside Munchies, where I like to get snacks a lot of the time. One of them, he’s kinda’ cute, just talking to his buddy about some upcoming test, but I see what’s over his shoulder. Looming over him was a cowboy hat wearing skeleton ablaze, wafting the smoke of his cigarette. I stare at his spectral companion a moment before he takes notice of me.
“Sup?” he addresses me.
“Nothing much, getting some onion rings.” I replied.
His friend eyes me up and down, “Looking for anything to do tonight?”
He didn’t seem to see the secondhand smoking skeleton. “Not unless you feel the fire, man.”
Fireboy nods to me, like he can hear Fachtna behind me snickering at his friend and he’s well aware of the deadman above him.  “Right on, sister!” He raised his hand for a high-five, and how can I refuse a possible kindred spirit? “Maybe I’ll see you around sometime.”
“Maybe. I got things going on tonight. Stay sharp, man.”
The onion rings were pretty good, but Fachtna hates it when guys flirt with me, even if they may also be psychic sensitive, jealous maybe… Or maybe he was just some dude and I was seeing shit again, and Fachtna has his reasons.
Blessed be,
Alcyone

Mood: Recumbent
Music: "Stubborn Love" - The Lumineers

No comments:

Post a Comment